One important aspect that all successful businesses have in common is their core customer base. Your core customer base usually provides the bulk of your revenues. We all know that the success of your business depends a lot on your return customers. However, as a business owner you should always be on the lookout for ways to attract new customers, too.
Did you know that there are 3 essential principles that unfortunately, are easily overlooked? These principles are of great importance no matter what your line of business. They are:
- Customers want to be recognized.
- Customers want good service.
- Customers also want their loyalty to be appreciated.
Another very important factor is that you should make customer service a major focus for all employees that interact with customers. Some employees may be naturals but some will also need training and guidance in this area.
Below are things to help you provide customer recognition and appreciation. These tips can be customized to fit your particular business.
- Whenever possible greet customers by name.
- Set standards for incoming telephone calls to be warm and friendly.
- Train your staff to read the names on customers' credit cards and use the name during the transaction.
- If appropriate, maintain a database on regular customers and their preferences.
- Make sure you specifically thank customers for their business at the time of the order or sale.
- Send regular customers a note or make a call just to thank them for their business. This is also a great opportunity to ask for feedback on service or other issues.
- Consider a customer appreciation event for your regular customers. Depending on your business, this could be a special sale, a special event, or discounts.
Employees who deal with your customers are a great source of feedback. They can keep you informed about customer complaints as well as suggest ideas that can help the process work more smoothly.
A happy customer will keep coming back and a good word to a friend from a satisfied customer goes a long way when others are looking for a good place to do business.
Are you ready to get an edge on your competitors? At Summit CPA we offer multiple resources and techniques to help you get on the right track to attain your goals. For more information on how we can be of assistance to your company, contact our office at (866) 497-9761 to schedule an appointment with our advisors.