As a distributed company, not only do we serve our clients remotely but our team members work remotely as well. We understand the accounting, bookkeeping, cash flow management, and tax nuances of running a distributed company. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide the highest quality Virtual CFO services and 401(k) Audits while working remotely with (and for) our customers, and we couldn't do any of it without our amazing team
Every month we spotlight one of our employees so you can get to know us better.
This month we bring you: Cathy Eix
- What is your role at SCPA? How long have you been with SCPA?
I am the firm administrator and I’ve been with Summit for 14 years.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
I’d be a dolphin. They are extremely intelligent and so cute!
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who do not use a turn signal.
- Do you have any pets?
No. We had dogs in the past however, we are not ready yet for any new pets.
- Are you a plant person?
I think an “herb” person would be a better answer for me. I enjoy growing basil and cilantro.
- What does true leadership mean to you?
Someone who can give guidance when needed and be the authoritative person leading a crew to get the final result.
- Have you ever been in a helicopter?
Yes! In Maui over 20 years ago. I don’t think I’d do it again—I hear about too many helicopter crashes.
- What was your all-time, best-ever Halloween costume?
Casper. It was the old school plastic one and I picked it out myself.
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
I gave my husband a trip to Arizona for his 50th birthday. It was a surprise.
- Before working at SCPA, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked at a bank, and at the end of the day when the teller’s drawer was off and didn’t balance, I had to go back through microfiche film to find the error. Needless to say, I didn’t last long there!
Want to work for one of the top 100 remote companies? Visit our career opportunities page.